Instant messaging service has taken over the world. With 1 billion users, Whatsapp seems to be the most used instant messaging service all over the world. Whatsapp was first launched as a mobile app but now you can use it on the web (WhatsApp Web) by connecting your smartphone to your computer.
How to Use the WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp is very simple but tricky to use. You will need to understand some basics before you can use it perfectly.
To use the WhatsApp web, you need:
- An Android, Window, iPhone or Blackberry Phone, and better still, you can get a Nokia S60.
- Google Chrome. WhatsApp Web works better on Chrome Browser. It will give you a faster push notification due to its push notification being one of the best. Although the web works with other browsers, Google Chrome is the best for it. If you cannot get Google Chrome, you can download other browsers that are based on Chrome like Opera. They are the best alternatives to chrome.
- Updated WhatsApp. If your WhatsApp does not support WhatsApp Web, you will need to install the latest version which supports it.
- A phone that is connected to the internet.
If these are available, then we are fifty percent done with WhatsApp Web set up. You will need to follow these steps.
• Open your browser, Google Chrome preferably, and visit WhatsApp Web on http://web.whatsapp.com
• Start your latest WhatsApp app
• Tap Menu/the 3 dots on the top right corner > select WhatsApp Web to start a QR code reader
• Scan the QR code on your PC screen by pointing your phone’s camera to the QR code on the website (web.whatsapp.com).
Your phone will be synced with the WhatsApp web immediately WhatsApp read the QR code. Then you are online and ready to go.
What is the difference between the mobile App and the web
The web interface allows you to do a number of things which might or can be done with a mobile App. It also deprives you of some privileges that can be enjoyed on the mobile app.
The Web interface allows you to:
- Type faster by using your keyboard to type
- Use your webcam in sharing photos online
- You can connect multiple computers to your phone and disconnect a browser you do not need.
The web will deprive you of:
- Automatic emojis: You will have to manually add emojis by using the emojis that are available on the web
- The ability to start a new group chat: You cannot leave an existing group chat or start a new group chat when you make use of the web.
- The ability to block users: You cannot block any user through the web. You can only block a user through your mobile app.
- Profile picture change: For the photo freaks who love changing their pictures and statuses, WhatsApp web might be a bad option.
You can view WhatsApp on your computer, tablet or system. It is very responsive and fast, especially when it is used with Google Chrome.